Forgot Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

hey ppl, i use to have an older computer with windows xp home installed. it was for me and my brother and when i got a new computer it was forgotten abt. Now year on i want to get my stuff back from my old computer problem is doh dat dere is only one account which i forgot da pssrwd of. is dere sum way to retrieve it?

Try booting your computer in safe mode, and there should be two users now, one named "Administrator" and the one that has the password that you forgot. Login to Administrator and find your way to the control panel and click on accounts. Here you will be able to change or remove the password on the other account. I hope this helps.

JesseM said:
Try booting your computer in safe mode, and there should be two users now, one named "Administrator" and the one that has the password that you forgot. Login to Administrator and find your way to the control panel and click on accounts. Here you will be able to change or remove the password on the other account. I hope this helps.

JesseM's instructions should work well. To get into the SAFE Mode hold down the F8 key after the hard drive and CD rom is detected. If you can't see this stuff, hold the F8 key down just before the Windows screen appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back