Found: Every generation iPhone compared simultaneously

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple has released a new iPhone almost like clockwork each year since the original 2G model launched in 2007. Many in the media have poked fun at Apple’s ability to convince buyers that the latest model is better than last year’s iPhone in virtually every category, but how much improvement can one realistically expect year-over-year?

Some improvements like a higher resolution display or the addition of 4G LTE can’t exactly be disputed but is that faster processor or extra RAM really helping that much? EverythingApplePro recently set out to answer these questions and more by comparing every generation of iPhone in a side-by-side, simultaneous battle.

As you will see in the video above, some things are as-expected but other metrics will likely surprise you.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I wonder what the girls think of the narrator calling them "guys". I know a few of the fairer sex that would find watching this video interesting. Just saying...

And people stand in line for these things every year?

I wonder what the girls think of the narrator calling them "guys". I know a few of the fairer sex that would find watching this video interesting. Just saying...

The only "girls" who would give a moment's thought to that are neo-feminists who have a talent for finding sexism and misogyny in, well, everything. Seeing that this group should be dismissed at any and all costs, I'm not sure why you even brought it up.

And people stand in line for these things every year?

The only "girls" who would give a moment's thought to that are neo-feminists who have a talent for finding sexism and misogyny in, well, everything. Seeing that this group should be dismissed at any and all costs, I'm not sure why you even brought it up.
Yes, I have even been caught in line a few times, I love my iPhone and its a great device. I think most Apple products are overpriced, but they do an excellent job on the Phone and Tablet market. Its no different than waiting in line for a game.

Yes, I have even been caught in line a few times, I love my iPhone and its a great device. I think most Apple products are overpriced, but they do an excellent job on the Phone and Tablet market. Its no different than waiting in line for a game.

I know right camping outside walmart/asda for a few days just to get the latest game.

This is only true if we look at Call of Duty releases. In which case, the comparison is dead-on-balls accurate and perfectly illustrates my original point: the lack of differentiation between each generation of product defeats any rational basis for the mass hysteria that surrounds each release. In short, you're being fleeced.

Many people use "guy" as a general term for people (male and female). Of course "gal" is the appropriate term for women in this sense.

I really wonder why Apple didnt up the RAM to 2GB in the 5S. That would have given it a big boost.

I have a habit of calling both men and women "guys" so I started using folks instead.

I have a habit of punching overtly PC people in the face (in my mind). Such is my weakness. :(

Either way, they are dismissed as equal human beings right then and there.

Actually - your comment was directed toward an individual user and was derogatory. Not only do I disagree with it, it was just plain rude and unproductive. If it hadn't already been deleted I would have taken care of it.

Back