FPS issue with Nvidia GeForce 6800

XiiSerenity

Hi Im using a Nvidia Geforce 6800, it says my software is up to date. I have been playing Overlord 2 and I get about 7-12 Fps during gameplay which makes it lag a bit and I would like to raise it. I have windows 7 and changed my system to run for better performance Overlord used to do 1fps but is now doing 7-12 like I said but Its still not good enough any ways I could increase it? If you need anymore info please ask I know I didn't put much. Also I don't know if Im running physx but I would like to disable it if I am because I heard it decreases Fps.

I have just found out doing a can you run it test? that my Cpu doesn't meet its requirments
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz this is what I have could it be the problem?
it says I should have a Pentium D 3.4GHz or AMD Equivalent.

It's likely that your CPU is limiting your frames, but you should at least be able to play the games on lower visual settings. I'm not familiar with that game, but it could be a compatibility issue under Windows 7 or you may need to update the graphics drivers/DirectX. The 6800GT is an older card, but if it meets the requirements for the game you shouldn't be experiencing such low framerates.

Just for reference, do you know how much physical RAM the computer is using; how many processes are running in the background?

Thanks for the Information and I will be getting a few upgrades such as a better gaming case and a new motherboard plus a AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core Processor 250 (3.0Ghz) also i have about 83 processes running at the moment. I also do have the game running at the lowest possible visual settings.
Foxconn M61PMP-K AM3 NVIDIA MCP61P Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
and this is the motherboard. Im trying not to go over $200.

as far as processes go, you just want to make sure nothing is hogging resources and thus slowing game performance further.

if you're 6800GT is a PCIe card you could probably go a little further with upgrading, perhaps even a Phenom X2 and a AM3-based motherboard. you can also upgrade to DDR2 memory for better performance in games and general computing altogether :)

Back