Frequent BSODs and crashes on a new laptop

Hi everyone!

my parents recently bought me a new laptop last moth. at first it was going well but after a few days it crashes. iv'e re installed windows and all the drivers but the same thing happens again and again.

System Specs
MSI CX420
Intel Core i5 M520 2.40 GHz
ATI mobility radeon HD 5470
Intel HD graphics (I have switchable graphics)
2GB Ram (yes, its pretty small for a 64 bit OS, I have plans on upgrading it to 4 GB by next month)
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Programs that crashed include:
- Google Chrome (the Flash player crashes often and sometimes, chrome displays the "aw snap" page
- Warcraft III (I think its the map that causes this app to crash, no big deal)
- Spore (I removed it already, I am sooo depressed when I have done a lot of things in the game and in the end, it wont save because of the BSOD D: )
- Left 4 Dead 2 (it crashed once)
- Mozilla Firefox (it crashed once)

Addition to that, I cannot upgrade my ATI graphics card because after I downloaded the driver from the ATI website, when I install it, it says that it is not compatible with mine although its the same Mobility Radeon HD5470. The switchable graphics is interfering with the updated driver. Also, when I look at the site of MSI, the ATI driver there is outdated, but I am forced to use it because I have no other choice.

I have included 4 mini dump files.
thank you for reading and I hope you guys can help me. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
Did this laptop come with Windows 7 pre-installed? If so, have you used Windows Update to update windows 7 to service pack 1?

the laptop comes with windows pre-installed. I have also installed the service pack 1 update.
Windows has been reinstalled several times but then it happens all over again. :(

Sorry for the double post. :)

Back