Full Easy System Restores for Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

I sell custom computers on the side, and I've gotten to the point where I'm shipping thousands of miles from where I live.

The problem I run into is when the customer screws up their own computer (via spyware, virus, etc.), they call me and it's difficult to debug their computers over the phone.

What I want to do is before I ship them their system, I want to create a restore disk for them, that will restore the computer I made and setup for them back to clean and with only the necessities (drivers, windows, windows updates, security, standard programs, etc.).

I was wondering how I would go about this. I have limmited programming knowledge, but I was hoping you guys could point me to a software that I could use or any types of methods I can implicate so that their system can be restored to working order just as it was when it arrived at their doorstep (with windows and basic programs in working order).

If necessary I will start including DVD drives as standard so the backups could be more than 750MB.

Thanks.

windows XP pro has it built in. Just use the windows XP backup function. However, back it up to an external device.

Tedster said:
windows XP pro has it built in. Just use the windows XP backup function. However, back it up to an external device.

I never use system restore on my computer, I'd rather reformat happily.

How would I backup onto an external device?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back