Full page adverts from the front page of 3ds? Possible advertiser hack?

Arris

Just got a bunch of windows opening and a prompt for "OK" when I opened the 3dspotlight.com
See the attached file for details....

Attachments

• adverthack.jpg
    adverthack.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 14
Nah it was actually a little dialog box with one option "OK" and the title "|" on the task bar. Actually after clicking the links you put and closing them I just got one of those....
different advert in the image I attached but same thing.
I'm very wary of clicking an unmarked Explorer dialog that just says "OK" but I can't end it without problems through the Task Manager in w2k.... It kills all my browers :(

Originally posted by Arris
Nah it was actually a little dialog box with one option "OK" and the title "|" on the task bar. Actually after clicking the links you put and closing them I just got one of those....
different advert in the image I attached but same thing.
I'm very wary of clicking an unmarked Explorer dialog that just says "OK" but I can't end it without problems through the Task Manager in w2k.... It kills all my browers :(

I just got my butt kicked by these popups! Almost thought I was gonna have to reboot but I CTRL-ALT-DEL'd my way out of it.

You stole my thunder

I too have gotten that blank box error, it poped up every time I closed it I had to ctrl alt del and close it with the task manager. I took a screen shot of it and it was going to be my next error message in my signature, maybe I'll still put it there but its not as cool if other people have already seen it. I like to put up wierd errors that most people don't get.
BTW: Every error message in my signature is actually one I recieved, I don't steal them from other sites and put them in my sig.

here's a note taken from my latest news post:

"One last note is regarding pop up ads on the site. We have been getting a few complaints of several ads popping up on the site opening in only one session, like yourselves I consider this unacceptable. My sincere apologies on this, I didn't experience the same so I couldn't notice about the problem earlier, not to worry though, this was an advertiser's fault and I've put the code down until the problem is fixed." :blackeye:

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
here's a note taken from my latest news post:

"One last note is regarding pop up ads on the site. We have been getting a few complaints of several ads popping up on the site opening in only one session, like yourselves I consider this unacceptable. My sincere apologies on this, I didn't experience the same so I couldn't notice about the problem earlier, not to worry though, this was an advertiser's fault and I've put the code down until the problem is fixed." :blackeye:

Good work Julio!
I sat here for 5 min hitting esc to no avail... But I finally manage to <alt><F4> me out of it... (allmost shut down the 'puter too until I realized I had gotten rid of it...)

Back