Gamer, wireless network drops me out constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an area I have less knowledge on than other areas.

Is there a way to optimise my wireless router/connection?

When I'm in games, it drops me out, but I still have internetivity.

I'm baffled, and I'd like to give wireless a good chance, instead of thinking it is useless. I know a couple other people who use wireless, but don't get dropped, but experience ping spikes.

I gather that my dropping out is a result of some ping spiking, but it's not all because of a ping spike, am I correct?

Also:
I put in a DVDROM, to install UT3 and COD4. I had previously done some MS updates and needed to restart after installing COD4. When I restarted the DVDrom was no longer detected. The DVDrom does have power, but it gets cut off, when the Windows Loading screen starts up. Is this a problem I can fix in setup.

Also, my monitor connection worked it's way loose, and I tightened it, is this just a coincidence that I tightened the monitor cable and then the DVDrom no longer worked?

Thanks for any help.
Eljan81

I don't know much at all about networks, so I can't help there, but...

about the DVDROM I believe it is coincidence, but you may wann check once more that all the connections are tight on the DVDROM.

Thanks for "dodging" my question.

I'll recheck the connections. I just don't understand why it works when i just turn on the computer, and then stops, when WIndows starts to load.

Hope you get my little joke about "Dodging" :):haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back