Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, All!

I'm thinking about a new mouse. I'm looking for better accuracy, but also I'd like to free myselft of getting the cord stuck in the middle of gaming. I was also thinking about going optical, so no more stumbling over the inevitable pretzel crumbs on my mouse pad.

So, a wireless optical mouse? Any good for gaming, or am I asking for trouble?

I''ve heard not so nice things about optical mice, re accuracy. Is this true?

Thanks,

Jon

O own both a Logitech optical mouse(corded) and an Intellimouse explorer(cordless) and can't tell a difference in the function of them. The Intellimouse was almost twice the price but it is cordless and I've had no problems out of it. Some people do seem to dislike the Logitec mouse though and claim it doesn't work right in XP, but I had no problems with it, I just decided I wanted the cordless and went with the Intellimouse. As for gaming, I have used both and neither have given any trouble. I did have a little trouble to begin with until I got rid of my mouse pad because it had a glossy surface, I guess it was reflective enough to interfer with the sensor. I now use an old dull grey pad because my desk is also shiny.

If you want a gaming mouse definitely something on the lines of optical and USB. Logitech makes good ones, but a better mouse is not going to make you king in Half Life. It won't increase your hand-eye coordination for snapshots to the head as you round a corner :p
But yes, if you're not too restrictive in the price get a cordless optical. I wouldn't reccomend anything from Micro$oft but hey, what do I know?

Logitech Didou?
How about speakers as well now ;)
I own a cordless Mouseman wheel logitech mouse and a cordless Mouseman optical and have found both to be fine for gaming.
I've never had any connection problems or anything like that with them. The optical lends a certain smoothness to play, and logitech now have a dual sensor corded optical mouse that gives 800dpi which should increase smoothness/accuracy even further...

Professional means you get paid ;)

Not many people get paid to play games, and I suppose those that do take what they can get.

I personally see very little difference in gaming regardless of what mouse I am using, as long as the mouse is clean and lets the cursor run smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back