Geforce 4 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grasky

Hi, I am new to this. Here goes:

I have problems with my Geforce 4 mx440 agp8x video card. It will not play the following games: Superbike 2001 (i know old game but worked before we upgraded to this card). IL2 Sturmovik and comanche 4. It works ok with games like NFS 1/2 , Mashed, Neverwinter nights, baldurs gate, Icewind dale, Sims etc.

I have tried running the computer in windows 98 mode and cannot find patches for superbike, I patched comanche 4 but still no go.

My system: 256 mb ram, Pentium 4, direct x 9. Windows xp

Please can someone give me any idea. I have emailed Nvidia and also EA but have not received a reply. I have also patched the video card itself but has to roll it back to the orginal because the whole computer was messed up with that driver.

hey you have to atleast post what message you are getting when you run any of the games that are not running.

Sorry,

on Superbike I get 'wrong video mode'

Comanche 4 plays ok for a while then randomly loses half of graphics

IL2 Sturmovik plays for a while and then an error message comes up but I will have to find out what that message is as it is my son that used the game.

Thanks

Grasky said:
Sorry,

on Superbike I get 'wrong video mode'

Comanche 4 plays ok for a while then randomly loses half of graphics

IL2 Sturmovik plays for a while and then an error message comes up but I will have to find out what that message is as it is my son that used the game.

Thanks
I see Mr shadow did not help you ,But wrong video mode error refers to your resolution on screen in settings,change to a lower resolution like 1024x768-pixel or 800/600.

Thanks Paul I will try that.

I just tried it but its the same: D3D error message - invalid video mode

hey grasky.the problem can be a number of things from a faulty card to the good old driver problem.first you should check your mobo's bios check the agp sot properties see what x it is running at maybe you have an older mobo.second what version drivers have you got.i also oticed that your system runs newer games like nfs1,2 and not the older ones, so check your older games -do they work in xp???.also check your direct x page and run d3d checks.

post back and tell me what happens

thanks for your advice Shadow,

I have tried all those things expect for the 'mobos bios' thing - sorry i dont know enough about computers to do that. I have downloaded an update for Direct X - 9. The graphics card cannot be faulty as it works with everything else.

I suppose I will have to take it to a computer repair shop again, the trouble is they ALWAYS blame AOL!

thanks,

Super bike 2001 solved

Superbike 2001 with geforce drivers,some times dosnt play,and some times no problems what so ever.It all depends what drivers your using.77.72 play super bikes no problems,any that begin with 6 etc wont play with super bikes,any of 4 etc or 5etc or even 7etc will play with super bikes :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back