GEFORCE 6800 GT to 6800 ULTRA BIOS FLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Hi, I was wondering how I could turn my Geforce 6800 GT into an Ultra. I tried so many bios flashes and so many mods to the bios using NiBiTor v2.6 but every time i set the clocks to above Core: 400MHZ Mem: 1100mhz and run a game i end up with artifacts. I have great cooling on it Arctic Cooling NV5 Silencer Rev.3. I don't think it is because of the temperature because when i check it says 47 degrees celsius. But if i overclock the GT without Ultra bios flash it works up to Core:430MHZ Mem:1150mhz. All i want to do is to make my GT into an Ultra from 1.3 volts to 1.4volts as well and stable at the following clocks Core: 440mhz Mem: 1200mhz :giddy:

Hello

What brand?
What temps are you getting with the nv silencer without OC?
Have you tried
coolbits? If not D/L it below, unzip, then double click the reg file to load into registery. Lots of functionalality. You can test each setting gradually.

G'Luck

Attachments

• coolbits2.zip
    683 bytes · Views: 7
Could be it's running too cool...
I have a BFG 6800gt oc thats running @ 61°c.
I wanted to use vga cooler block in my liquid system
BFG techsupport told me the nVidia chips on the
6800gt's don't run right under 48°c, they tend to start throwing artifacts.
My "slow down threshold is 120°c" :eek:
Maybe some one else has more on this {fact or fiction}

I don't know about video cards having artifacts when running too cool... that's the analogy of CPUs serving up problems when vapochilled. 6800GT is supposed (and tends to) run fairly hot, and 47 Celsius seems fine to me.

I haven't looked into this business at all, so I can't say for certain, but has it been proven by others that you can indeed flash a 6800GT into 6800Ultra? Or do you just mean flash it so the GT can have similar (if not the same) Ultra's core and memory clock speeds? Because the GT has 256MB, and Ultra 512MB, so I don't see how you can flash one into another. And even if the circuitries are the same, I don't see how flashing BIOS will prevent artifacts from showing up if you couldn't overclock higher than 400MHz before. Upping the voltage, sure, but not flashing a different BIOS (unless one BIOS has more limitations on the amount of overvoltage allowed). Try playing COD2 or some really graphic-intensive game for at least a good hour (with all the pretty details on) and see if there is any artifacts showing. I'd lean towards that you were simply lucky before with the 430MHz and didn't hit the vulnerable spots where the GPU would act up and reveal artifacts.

Safe Or Not

I know what you mean, and 6800 Ultra also comes in 256mb, well i did flash it but as i said it works fine for like 30 mins but then it starts to show artifacts. So the clocks used with the Ultra bios are Core-425 Memory-1100 but even at these default Ultra bios speeds it artifacts. Upping the voltage tends to do this i realized since normally the GT has a voltage of 1.3 and even with the GT bios at 1.4 it artifacts. So i really think it would be the bios. What do you guys say? I would really like to flash my video card to an Ultra. :bounce:

Nahh...

I TRIED COOLBITS SUCKS I WANT TO MAKE MY GT INTO AN ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back