geforce mx4000 HELP ME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatecomputers

I just bought a GeForce mx4000 so that I can transfer my videos from my camcorder to the computer using the S-video port. Well, when I have the card in, it only uses 16 colors and there is an exclamation point over it in the device manager. They said I should install the drivers again, but when I used the "found new Hardware" to install the driver from the cd i got with the card, when it rebooted my system, it wouldn't start up again, and just kept re booting over and voer again. Please help me cause I've been through so many video capture cards and was really hoping this one would work!! Thanks!

Try the newer WDM drivers at:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce2-fx_2.26.html

These are just for the capture/video-input on GeForce videocards.

If you are still having issues with the older WDM files causing problems with your system, you should also consider getting Driver Cleaner Pro:
www.drivercleaner.net

I'd recommend downloading both the NVidia Forceware drivers (video) and the above NVidia WDM/Capture drivers.. leaving them on your desktop uninstalled, boot into Safe Mode and run Driver Cleaner Pro with ALL the NVIDIA options selected.. then reboot into normal mode with NO NETWORK CONNECTED (so Windows wont go fetch Windows Update files) and install: a) Forceware (don't reboot when finished) then b) WDM... THEN reboot.

See if this order works for you. If you're still having issues, we'll have to probe a bit deeper. More system info would likely help otherwise (like motherboard, chipset, os version + which service packs, etc.etc.)

you're a genius! Thanks for the help, i followed the steps you suggested and the graphics card is working fine. in the Device manager I now have listed Display Adapters, and under that is the GeForce MX4000, so that worked, but then under the audio/video, I can see the nvidia WDM video capture, but it has an exclamation over it and a code 10 error message. So I tried reinstalling the WDM one you had me get off the internet, and it didn't help. So thanks for the help you've already given, but do you have any other suggestions? I have windows 2000 pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back