Inactive Gen:Variant.Kazy.5912

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day,

I'm trying to help my dad out here, he is getting a virus alert that will pop up with a bubble at the bottom of his screen saying he has this virus "Gen:Variant.Kazy.5912" in file name "QunMknIyHJtwbe.dll" Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue, but every time it quarantines the file, the file re-appears, and he is getting this bubble every 30 seconds. I have a deep system scan running right now to see if that can do ANYTHING about it, but its using Rogers Online Protection, which in my opinion is a piece of garbage for a Virus Scanner, would upgrading him to Kaspersky be a good idea, or is there anything else anyone can recomend to get rid of it? Any speedy help would be greatly appreciated as I am only still in town for today, leaving in the morning to go back home, and if I tried to guide him through any complicated steps he would be completely lost :haha:

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to TechSpot forums :).

====

Please read the directions given here and when done, post the requested logs.
Please paste the logs, do not attach them.

Well, bad news, I ran TFC, now I can't get the computer to boot, not even to the point that I can get the choice for safe mode :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back