Get msg. drive e: not accessible incorrect function

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a PacificDigital external dvd burner usb 2.0. I am able to burn dvd's that will play on any of my dvd players but will not play on the burner unit. It plays standard movie dvd's without any problem. PacificDigital has since gone out of business and their products are without any support. I am runnung Microsoft XP Home Edition. Your thoughts please

Burner is dead. Buy another. LG or Liteon are inexpensive and fairly good. Avoid Sony, HP, and LaCie

Burner still burns

How can you say the burner is dead. I am able to burn DVD's and play them on any DVD player but not on the burner unit itself. I can play other DVD's such as movies, etc. on the burner without a problem. It's just the DVD's that I burn on the Digital Pacific burner that won't play on the unit itself. Still looking for answers if there are any or is the burner really bad.

Keep searching for an answer you like.
Hows about: The driver is partially defective or partially burned out?

The burner and the reader are separate components of the drive. They don't always all fail at the same time.

Thanks for your help but I finally figured out what the problem was. I had to use my NERO program to do the copying and burning. By using the NERO program to bun everything works fine now. Thans again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back