Get rid of OS selection screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello everybody! I need your help if anyone of you know how to get rid of the Windows OS startup selection screen, I hope you know which screen I mean.

When you boot up and U have two different OS installed it gives you a selection startup screen where you choose which OS you want to use, the problem is that lately all of a sudden at work after installing just one version of windows XP in only one partition of HDD and after using windows update something happen that this screen start appearing and is really annoying having to select one option or need to wait 30 seconds until the time runs out, I think it has something to do with the registry or maybe win.ini or autoexec I don't know, please if you know how to do this I will really appreciate your help, Thanks!

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Time to display list of operating systems - change to zero.

Alternatively, click the Edit button and remove the unnecessary OS line from [operating systems] section if there's more than one - but you have to be sure which one, otherwise it won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back