Get system specs from DOS boot floppy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

I need a bootable floppy with some sort of program that lists all the system specs. Mainly the basics like RAM (ram type, speeds, number of sticks etc...), CPU speed, type, manufacturer. Hard drive, partitions and sizes, whether NTFS, FAT etc...

Mainly I want the big 3, RAM, CPU, HDD. But it would be handy if the program could list the BIOS, and models of extra hardware like CD-ROM, modem, NIC etc...

I know you can see CPU and RAM on POST, but not always, some systems boot to fast, or simple don't show it, or they have images etc... Especially for laptops. So I need a boot floppy, NOT CD, which has a small utility to read all the hardware.

Some initial searching isn't finding anything.

Know any such program?

I already use UBCD a lot, but I was unaware they had a system info util in there. I'll have to take a look.

I'll also download HWINFO and take a peek. This is "true" DOS right? It's only shareware with a 14day trial, I wonder if this means it has to be "installed". Or else how does it count 14 days? I'd rather have the whole program run from floppy, and be freeware. But I'll check it out anyhow. And the laptop which sparked this thread doesn't have an HDD! So it couldn't install anyway, and thus why I want it to run from the disk.

Thx

$12?! What? That's like, 2 whole meals at Burger King. What do these people think I'm made of money? :) :)

Program purchasing decisions are not made by me. And the program would only be used once in a blue moon.
I've yet to try it out, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back