GetSmile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

This one's for you, Howard, I have downloaded the full version of GetSmile, but somehow d/loaded it to Programmes, instead of your suggestion to put it to My Documents, DOH!! can I still copy to disc from there, & if so, how?
I also paid extra for a digital copy to be held at their website, which I can get, in the event of a crash, about twelve quid for the whole package, but I would still like to save to disc, sorry mate it went t*ts up when they said re-start your computer to continue, I did, & spent 10 b****y minutes looking for it! [seach/run] but of course it wasn't there as I hadn't finished d/loading.
Alll was not lost, I clicked on their last e-mail, followed the instructions, & bingo! it was installed, but I wasn't given the opportunity to choose to where.

help again, Thanks, Maurice.

Hello Maurice once you have located the downloaded file that`s the file you clicked on to install it just right click on it and choose send to cd.

A popup message should then appear near your system tray telling you that you have files waiting to be written to cd.

Insert a blank cd into your cd writer cancel any thing that pops up on your screen saying open folder to view contents etc.

Now click on the message near your system tray and in the window that appears click on write these files to cd.

Just follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps mate.

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

Thanks for all your help, but I think we'll call it a day, I have tried r/clicking on it in programmes & the icon, [disc in] then send to "InCD drive", [presume that's the patented name of the drive programme] all I get is; "D:\ is not accessible, Incorrect Function",.....VERY strange!, unless your nimbler brain can think of anything else, but I think this has gone on long enough, I hope you're paying by monthly subscription as I do, otherwise it can be expensive.
While I'm here, have you tried importing smilies from websites, as they say you can do?, just drag & drop to the GetSmile icon, they say,..... in the tray, it must be, as the main desktop one is covered of course.

Maurice
doh.gif

Yes maurice you can drag and drop if you open the get smilie icon you can drag and drop direct into whatever section you wish.

First of all find the smilie you want to get then minimise the page then open get smilie then click on the page you just minimised get smilie will be on top of the page and you can see exactly where you want to drag and drop.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks, Howard, but I still don't see why I can't save it to disc.
swoon.gif

Anyone else got ideas on this please? see my last post here.

Maurice
read.gif

Hello Maurice I`ve just been re-reading your post.

When you right click on the file choose the option send to cd-rw not incd.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

There isn't that alternative, only;-
InCD
Zipped Folder
Mail Recipient
My Documents
Floppy

Never mind, I won't keep on about it, I have got a digital back up at their site, perhaps I'll ask Glen, who built it, next time I'm in town, or send him a message via TS
Thanks anyway,
Maurice
closed-topic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back