Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL - cannot control BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxman

Hi Folks!

I am having trouble with my computer. i could not get to move my keyboard, once it gets to BIOS....and when i get to windows, it will freeze at the log in screen...Any idea what is going on here?

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the button battery for a minute or two with the computer unplugged. Reinstall the battery and restart the computer

Yeah, I tried removing the battery for a few minutes and put it back in but same result. As soon as I hit F9 to get to change the boot priority, it will freeze and not allowing me to do anything. None of the keyboard works.

What could be the cause of this phenomenon? Is the RAm probably bad? This computer used to be working fine for about a year...only until when I reformatted it and reinstalled the OS.

Now I was able to format the drive by taking it out and do it with an enclosure. However, I just could not get the computer to read my CD in the CD ROM as it is not setup to read my CD ROM....what a bummer!!

The hard drive may be hanging the boot up process. Remove/disconnect it and see if you can get into the bios

Maybe a stupid question do you have a USB keyboard. I know that mine stopped working after having to reinstall my bios....which I have been to lazy to fix I just plug in the back-up keyboard that has a ps2 plug.

Just a thought

yeah, that board has dual BIOS. BTW, I have a USB keyboard but I connected it with an adapter to the PS2 socket and yet still freezes. Not really sure if it is the keyboard or not but I am gonna try using a regular PS2 keyboard today. Also got a quick question, do you think a bad ram may cause this kind of issue though?

Also by clearing the CMOS with the jumper, it means putting all setting back to default, right? Pardon as I am a new bee here in computer world but trying to get a better understanding of fixing my computer.

Thanks again as always!!

I've built a couple of systems with these dual bios Gigabyte boards. Check with the motherboard manual on the use of the dual bios. Bad RAM or a corrupt hard drive can cause these issues too. Using a USB keyboard with a USB to PS2 adapter is good. The motherboard thinks it is a PS2 keyboard. This is not a keyboard detection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back