Gigabyte Motherboard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i was planning on putting another ide hdd in my homebuilt computer, for more storage. i plug it in and start up and BAM it doesnt start. the fans come on and the hdd starts whirring, but no vga signal. The funny thing is that the power light keeps flickering like mad. ive tried everything. takeing everything out, putting it back in. Only trying to boot up with ram and cpu and mobo, but nothing. ive looked on google many times for this problem, but could not find anything.
specs.
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-K8VM800M
cpu: 64 athlon 2800
ram: 1 gig ocz
psu: generic 250 watt

A few things to consider

when you are adding a second hard drive to the comp you have to tell the computer which is the primary and which is the slave. Its a lot more than hooking another one up and "let 'er rip" situation.

Sounds to me like your PSU has given up on you.

You say even after you take out the 2nd HDD, you still can no longer boot up?
I guess you can try resetting CMOS just to see if that gets you in, but my guess is, you need a new PSU.

See what some others say on this first though.

i have a main sata hard drive, and i had used this configuration before and it worked fine without messing around with the slave/master. and i have reset the cmoss jumper and taken out the battery for a minute and putting it back, and still no luck

If you only took out the battery for a minute, that may not have been enough to drain the power and reset it. Your board actually has jumpers for resetting CMOS which is a surefire way of doing it. I'd recommend trying that way, just to check and see if this fixes you up.

wow i actuly figured out what was wrong
if you jiggled the ram slot it worked, i dontknow maby a loose connection
but if you ever have a problem like this try jiggling the ramslot around, but do it gently. ok got that problem out of the way, now my hdd ait up to the wheather
ahh what can ya do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back