GigabyteX38-DQ6-brand new and never reaches BIOS, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO just received my new Gigabyte X38-DQ6, laid everything out (just like every other MB install), pulled out the old / put in the new, installed the new INTEL core2 duo 2.4 (using stock CPU Fan for now), installed the new OCX (MB Compliant) MEM (2 one gig chips), installed the ATI Radeon 850 PCI Express card and connected up the new 650W Thermaltake Powersupply. Connected Keyboard and MB and after flipping the switch the Motherboard and fans start.
THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING
SO the CPU Fan spins for about 4-5 seconds and stops, I get no beeps (indicating what might be wrong), no video and since I don't have a classic keyboard I'm not able to see if any of the lights are coming on.

ANYONE with any ideas, please share... I've reseated the CPU Fan, MB and removed all peripherals and even stepped back to a single Gig Mem Chip and same results. After holding the power button I get the MB to shut off. Upon trying to power up again the MB responds exactly the same except it powers itself off about 3 seconds after the CPU Fan stops.

HELP!

Reset the bios to failsafe settings. Make sure your power supply's 4-pin 12volt Molex connector is attached to the motherboard. Try a better, stronger power supply. If all this fails, replace the motherboard

You didn't say exactly what your processor is, but I looked on Newegg and couldn't find a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor that would work with that board's minimum FSB of 1333. Do you have the right processor? If you have the E6600 you have a very nice processor but it's the wrong one. No beeps because the motherboard doesn't have a brain yet. Plugging in all the details I have, I only get the Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 in that operating frequence range with that front side bus. Is that your processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back