Girltinh.tk virus! how to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmey

Lately I've encountered a virus or malware call girltinh.tk. It stuck in my internet exploer like the once coolpic virus. I try to scan my computer with kaspersky antivirus and internet security but still it won't go. Also on my start menu I can no longer find the run command.
Please help me.

Rasmey

As far as the run command, if you have a microsoft keyboard hold down the windows key + "R" that will launch it.

As far as the virus is concerned.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

In step 6 please use this link until the instructions are updated
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=asf

In step 10, tool 3 please use
http://vundofix.atribune.org/

This thread is for the use of Rasmey only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Blind Dragon,
Thank you for your help. I did as instruct and my computer is now working well again. However I only did 12 steps. I can't get SS&D to work even though I download the program twice and I haven't doen the Hijackthis log either. But the spyware is gone as I check and everything work properly (girltinh.tk is no long there and I get my run command back). I also used these 12 steps with my other computer which lost Shutdown and Log Off command on the start menu as well as cannot go to Taskmanager and it work!
Do you need the logs you request?

Rasmey

You probably still have something on there, I can't say for sure without seeing a log.

I would feel better if you at least posted a Hijackthis log

Help! It happen again. Last time my brother format the computer soon after so I didn't get the log file. Now it's affecting another computer and I did all the steps required and save all the log except for SS&D which I still couldn't get it work (can't download the update).
Before when I didn't it to step 14 somehow the girltinh.tk was unlocked from the default webpage but now it's still there even after I finish step 15.
Attached are the logs required.
Please help me.
Thanks,
Rasmey

Please someone help me quick! My brother is becoming more impatient and he want to format the computer. Then I won't know if we could have other way to get rid of the virus without having to format it.

Rasmey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back