Resolved Gmail-"Hey, this is important: If you ever lose access to your account, you can send"

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

In Gmail, I keep getting this in the area ABOVE the mail area, "Hey, this is important: If you ever lose access to your account, you can send password reset info to XXXXXXXXXXXXX" the XXX's being my Google email address. This happens, maybe once a week, only when I'm deleting spam, (if I remember correctly), which I never open. I think this started about a month ago.

My question, is this real? If it is, I think Google sure used a poor choice of wording and presentation. I for one, am scared to death of getting my mail account hacked, (I had this happen a short while ago on HotMail), and don't have any intention of clicking on this link. I've searched Google help forums, and there seems to be a LOT of people that have the same question, but so far I've seen nothing that makes me feel better about it.

Does anybody here know any thing about this? I'd feel a lot better hearing an answer from somebody I know. Thanks

Sorry I didn't say that I'm no stranger to Google search, and arrived at that same forum you did, and a lot more.

That's why I said I would like to affirm from somebody I know, I don't know those people at all. I'm glad to see that you are satisfied, as you must know them better than me.

Thanks for the help. Go ahead and close this if you want.

Good thing to keep in mind> if you have any doubt> don't!

Most of what we do in this form is help with malware cleaning. So I tried to address your question instead of sending you to a different forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back