Going to build a new PC is it ok or shall I add or replace something?

hexDb

Cabinet cooler master cosmos2

motherboard:- Asus maximus v extreme

ram:- gskill ripjawsz quard channel memory 32gb

power supply:- thermaltake toughpower 1500w

intel i7 3770k processor

graphic card: asus ares 2-6gbddr5 2 pieces

7.sound card:- rog xonar phoebus

8. water coolin system :- koolence erm-3k3uc-liquid cooling system copper

11. 2nd ssd:- ocz vertex4 -512g 3 pieces

12.Hdd:- western digital 2tb wd green 4 pieces

13.keyboard:- Logitech G19 Keyboard for Gaming and Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard

14.Blu ray writer:- asus blu ray writer

15.Monitor:- asus vg278he ultra-smooth enjoy with 144hz rapid refresh rate (3d vision 2 ready) 6 pieces

16.Wireless router:- asus dual band wireless router rt-ac66u

17. thermaltake level 10 gt mouse

Holy s*** mate, that is an extremely high end build.

The only thing I can see not working here is the two Ares GPUs. They both have water-coolers, so it might be a bit difficult to install them together.

The only thing I can say is, you better know what you are doing, or have somebody around who knows what they are doing, before you consider putting together such expensive components.

Alright, let us begin. You need to know the fundementals to an AutoCad build: 1) A lot of RAM because rendering huge projects requires a lot of RAM to be available. 2) An nVidia GPU since Inventor runs better with CUDA 3) The more CPU cores the better.

What is your budget? I can tell it is at least 10K by looking at the build you have chosen.

OK. This is probably the most expensive build I have ever made.
I Guess you can get dual Xeon E5s with that budget... I need to know this before I recommend anything: 1) How many monitors will you be running 2) What resolution will those monitors be 3) What games will you be playing.
With that type of budget, and the use of Autocad, I would recommend a Quadro card, but since you game, that is out of the question.

Also, what capacity of SSD would you like for your workstation build. For gaming, you just need 256GB for the OS and some games. For the workstation, 256 is also enough since you will push your projects on to the HDDs.

Back