Good Indie Bands?

Akio

Hey, I'm not sure if there's a post on this already... But I couldn't find any! I was wondering if anyone knows of some good Indie bands? Hahaha, my music's kind of getting boring. All I can really think of is The Strokes, Modest Mouse and The Vines! I think Modest Mouse and The Vines are Indie. Hahaha, anyway can anyone help? :confused:

Indie Bands

Belle and Sebastian, The Shins, The Postal Service, Elliott Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel, Iron and Wine.....

Check out sub-pop records, they have some good bands.

Here are some of the bands that I can remember off the top of my head. I'll ask a few of my friends and see who their favorite indy bands are as well.

Interpol
Gravity Pulls
USHC Brand Men's Jeans
AFK

Cheers!

Rise Against - Give It All (its a song)

It is a yelling type rock song, and the bass drum is very heavy in it, if you have a good sub, it will rock your walls as well as any rap song. I have a few other rise against albums, but the aren't of the same caliber as that song.

good well known indie bands

listen to the obvious but best:
gotta b arctic monkeys
the kooks are fukin awesome
we are scientists
maximo park
subways
milburn

I'm assuming "indie" means "indepedent". I am curious as to what indie bands are declaring independence from.

Are they declaring:
Independence from on-pitch singing?
Independence from interesting chord progressions?
Independence from technical skill in playing and in composing?
Independence from lyrics about anything besides angst and depression?
Independence from hi-fidelity mixing/mastering jobs?
All of the above?

Only the indie bands know for sure. I'll take the processed sounds of Dream Theater over Neutral Milk Hotel's quavering, self-pitying tirade any day.

Back