Good Internet Browser Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast_

Hello, once again. I am in need of a web browser that will be able to connect to the internet, by using P2P technology. I have used other browsers in the past, and they all seem to disconnect at a certain time. Which means I cant get access to the internet after a specified time. I've setup a network for my family and I even put the network limits on my computer as well to make it fair, so they won't notice that I'm using the internet after their hours, otherwise they will all moan. They're pretty computer literate, so I have found a messenger that can bypass a router, it is called Skype. I have also found that p2p applications can bypass my router's settings. So I'm determined that there are p2p based internet browsers that can do the same thing (I hope). I set my internet to turn off for my family at 12:30 Am, so I need to get a browser that can bypass my router settings. Basically, I set the router to block all incoming/outgoing access from the internet to all of our household computers. I have a messenger that can connect beyond these limits, all I need is a browser that used p2p ports or whatnot. Does anyone know of any internet browsers out there that is capable of doing this?

You have got it all wrong and what you are asking doesn't make any sense.

Needs some reading up on how TCP/IP works :)

there are p2p that add a browser like interface
but I don't know how you could browser the intenet that way

Ports

:( Perhaps the internet browser can use certain ports to bypass the router. I have my router to block any connections that consist of any ports from 0 - 9999 (I am aware that ports well exceed that number, but my family doesnt' :haha: ). Now I checked in Internet explorer's settings, and the only location available to enter ports in under the proxy settings, to my knowledge. So if I want to bypass these ports to use my internet, do I have to connect through a proxy to ports that exceed ports beyond 9999??

I don't think that there is a port past 9999. :( If you can, try resetting the router settings to make it go through ports 0-9998. This will give you port 9999 to bypass your router. Is this a valid answer to your question? I couldn't understand what you were saying. In your title, you mention a p2p browser. p2p means "pay to play". If you want to throw your money away for a browser, then fine, but if you want something cheaper, try AOL Explorer, or also try Mozilla Firefox.

I still didnt understand your question, and it didnt make much sense.

Router Limits

:dead: I do not have access to my router's settings. I have only INSTALLED the router network for my household. I do not know the password to my router's configuration settings, and therefore I cannot change my router's settings. That is why I am in need of applications to bypass such limitation; although if you know how to find out passwords or something for a router, by all means tell me. But to be straight to the point, P2P means 'Peer to Peer', not 'pay to play' lol. I really don't know how to explain this, but after 12:30 am, which is when the person in charge of the network imposes these router limits, I have Skype messenger that can bypass my router's settings. I was just curious to see if there were an internet browser out there, which can do the same job..

Does anyone have any router limitations imposed on them, which they can use a particular internet browser after their limits are enabled? Assuming that I have no access to such network router controls.

Think of it as time limits, after (time), can you still access your internet?
- In case you were wondering, I am 20 years old. These limitations were imposed due to a small bandwidth network load. :bounce:

*sigh*

There are exactly 65536 TCP and UDP ports in existence - that is ports 0-65535. 0 cannot be used.

No browser listens on any ports, so it makes absolutely no difference if your router blocks incoming connections or not and any browser will work the same in that matter.

If you have configured your router to block outgoing packets based on destination ports, then you have to enable at least 80 and 443 or you will not be able to do any useful web browsing. And these ports are dictated by the web server software - your browser has nothing to say in this. (You can use a proxy server (and its high port number) of course)

If you have set up your router to block incoming packets based on dest. port or outgoing packets based on source port, then that's just plain retarded - a program cannot specify the source port of a TCP connection and it is chosen in random (somewhat) by the TCP/IP stack in your computer and any NAT devices.

Now, leaving all kinds of misunderstandings aside. Please tell us what is your problem and what you want to achieve and what is your current network setup, including all hardware devices and any relevant software. In laymans terms and without going into technical details please.

P2P also "listen" for incoming connections just like a server
if router is not setup to forward certain port numbers the app will not function
even if you could break the router and get out
the other users will notice the loss of speed you would be found out
there are proxys for this I think Nodsu talked about this to someone before
trying to hack around the UNI school server/router`

Samstoned, the "listen" that you talk about will not be a problem as the web browser always initiates it's own connections, which creates a new entry in the NAT. It's only if you're after being a server you're in need of opening ports, enable port forwarding or place the computer in the dmz.

Threadstarter, I think what you're looking for is described here. It's a browser developed by the Cult of Dead Cow (CDC), which is meant to bypass gov't censorships etc., and thus likely your router. However, on the Peekabooty site is no browser, only what seems like info and programs on how to get around nation wide firewalls. But maybe you can find something useful there.

BTW: Why can't you just ask the owner of the network to be allowed to use it after 12:30? If you can come up with a good reason, the owner will probably agree. If you're the son in the house, and want to be able to browse through the night...... Maybe it's time to read up on networking and routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back