Google Pixel C Review: Is Android M ready for productivity?

Scorpus

Staff member

The Pixel C isn’t the first tablet that’s been branded and sold by Google. Before the company has offered a collection of Nexus tablets, including the popular Nexus 7 and powerful Nexus 9, however this is the first one to be fully developed in-house. Not unlike the Chromebook Pixel laptop that runs Chrome OS, with the Pixel line Google means to show off what's possible to build using their software platforms even if it's inpractical for most to buy.

The Pixel C packs a 10.2-inch high-res display alongside powerful internals and an interesting magnetic keyboard accessory. Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the device is positioned as Google’s flagship tablet and with a price of $499 for the 32 GB model, there’s no mistaking the Pixel C for a high-end device.

Read the complete review.

I already own two new cheap android 6.0.1 smartphones, courtesy of google android one program for developing countries.

what I want to own is a cheap android tablet computer without the bloatware. the asus zenpad 7 is within budget (albeit with bloatware) running android 5.x, upgradeable to android 6 in the near future, with decent specs for its price.

hey, google, android one tablet for the road?

Really bad pricing, considering that same amount can get you a Surface 3 and you get a full fledged OS with multitasking and prepared for work. I'll pass on this one.

Yeah I was just speaking to Julio earlier about the Surface 3. Why would you buy the Pixel C when you can get a much better device like the Surface

Yeah I was just speaking to Julio earlier about the Surface 3. Why would you buy the Pixel C when you can get a much better device like the Surface

And with the now and then offer and bundles, the base $499 deal gets you double the space that the C offers. Maybe the type cover keyboard is a bit more expensive than the C but it's as awesome as the surface pen.

Really bad pricing, considering that same amount can get you a Surface 3 and you get a full fledged OS with multitasking and prepared for work. I'll pass on this one.

And if you're hooked on android, the Samsung Tab2 is the same price with cheaper peripherals and a proven system to boot. I am guessing the art of understanding pricing and what the market will bear is rapidly becoming a lost art!

And if you're hooked on android, the Samsung Tab2 is the same price with cheaper peripherals and a proven system to boot. I am guessing the art of understanding pricing and what the market will bear is rapidly becoming a lost art!

I actually like using the Galaxy Tab S2 more than the Pixel C because it's lighter. Sure, the Pixel C is faster and has a better display, but for reading the odd webpage and book, the Tab S2 is a better device

I actually like using the Galaxy Tab S2 more than the Pixel C because it's lighter. Sure, the Pixel C is faster and has a better display, but for reading the odd webpage and book, the Tab S2 is a better device

You hit the nail with that part, people don't pay a premium for an Android tablet at all for productivity, they just have a device to maybe read something now and then, see email, browsing, and that's it.

Bad price... Google really had something with the nexus 4,5,7, but messed up everything with their new pricing. It's like they don't want the Nexus brand to dominate. Was it annoying the poor OEM with their custom bloatware?

Ok, so they have a big expensive tablet, so where is the $250 7 inch tablet then? the nvidia shield tablet is nice, but id like to see google offer a cheaper device as well, considering that nexus used to be affordable.

I agree - they are trying to jump on the Surface Pro bandwagon like Apple have done with the iPad Pro. Unfortunately, just like the iPad Pro, the kiddy-OS in these tablets just isn't nearly sophisticated enough to justify the price or the tablet/laptop design.

Back