Google redirects me

Status
Not open for further replies.
My google search redirects me to the wrong web sites. I've completed the UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions and have attached the requested logs. This issure is still unresolved. Any review of the attached information and help with this issure would be very much appreciated.

Using hijackthis - remove fpapli.exe

Also check your DNS settings - Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection (this might be different if you have a USB modem). If the DNS entires are set manually, post them here.

If you want to replace them with known good ones, use OpenDNS:

removed fpapli.exe

I removed fpapli.exe ran window washer and spyware again rebooted but the problem still exists i.e. google searches redirects me to other sites. You mention DSN settings but I'm unfamilar with settings. I know where the local area connnections are but cannot figure out what the DSN settings are. Any additional assistance would be appreciated.

Whoops, I missed a step.

Once you're in the Local Area Connection properties, select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' and click Properties.

At the bottom, check to see if your DNS settings are obtained automatically or set manually.
If they are set manually, change them to the ones I gave you.

Still redirecting

I've changed my DSN settings to your suggested address. They were orginally set on automatic. I've rebooted the computer and the problem still persits. Any other suggestions?
Thank you for your time/consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back