Google search Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find a solution in the forum. Every time i do a search on google and click on one of the top results it diverts me to another search engine (various different types) I have to then come back and click on the same result again to actually get to the correct site.

I've ran various spyware etc scans but nothing is showing as a problem, but it is driving me crazy at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps you allowed Microsoft to choose when you initially installed the system.
Be sure your home page is set to Google.

No this problem has only occurred in the last few days and I have had the laptop for 3 years so it isn't an installation issue. Thanks

The following will work

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

I have done the reset but I still have the problem with google. When I type in the subject matter in google the results come up ok but then when I click on them it diverts me to anumber of other search engines and redirection codes appear in the heading briefly.

I then have to cancel it and go back to the google screen and click the result I first clicked and it goes to the proper site then.

Delete the temporary internet files and History. That may prevent the recurrence of the previous page. Then do the RIES.

Any ISP may create an alternate response for conditions like
I entered a ulr like www.xyz.com
and get back some page with nothing to do with xyz.com (because it doesn't exist; http code 404)​
Yea, you're clicking on Google Search results, but the same thing can happen there.

Did you know that the first few search results (are sometimes) PAID Advertising?
eg: google "portable mobility scooters"
the first four are adverts!​
Usually, these are implemented as click-thru to google who then redirects to the
advertiser.

I didn't know that.
It's like a groceries shopping centre isle now, the more you pay the better your position.

SM-4221_small.jpg

Portable Mobility Scooter

Oh not that type !

I've just checked and I'm not using windiws Explorer 7, I'm still using version 6, but I did reset it as best as possible. I'll deleate the history and temp files and see what happens then.

kimsland said:
I didn't know that.
It's like a groceries shopping centre isle now, the more you pay the better your position.
Sadly yes. :(
At least the adverts on the right are more obviously commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back