Got a dvd burner but wont burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

foerno89

i just got a new dvd burner off of ebay and it is a DVD+RW RW5125 and i cant burn dvd's with it.
i can rip dvd's but everytime i try to burn a dvd with tons of different programs it keeps having all types of errors.
some it just says user aborted another it sais writer error medium error (power calibration area error and thats it
but drive buffer and software buffer both go to 100% but the download doesnt budge except for one program it went to .6 percent but never would go past that i ahve tried atleast 7 different burner programs and i have transfered the files to a dvd file

i was also wondering do u have 2 transfer your video toa dvd file using a converter?

i really need help and no nothing about computers
i have installed a driver and ive tried a lot of other things what else can i do?
can anyone help?
thanx

power calibration error.. i havent seen that in a few years..

on old hp cd-rw drives this was a symptom of a failing drive. i think it meant that the laser was not able to write to the media....

i would try 1. different brand media....make sure you are getting the correct media format DVD-r DVD+r DVDRAM etc....

clean the dvd rom.

did you purchase this as a new or used drive?

my opinion without having you try anything from previous experience with CD-RW drives is you drive may be defective/going defective.

Also look here..
http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/faqs/faq_22.html

it gives a brief description of calibration error and a suggestion of trying different media types.......
from all of the searching via "google" it seems that most of the power calibration errors occur do to poor quality media, so my initial thoughts of a defective drive may be inaccurate....

conclusion try diffent media.

ok

ok well ill try that stuff and im still having problems with it one after another im wondering if i should just take it back and get a different one?
HMMM
well i dunno
do u know what a good driver is for this brand?
Thanx for anyhelp given

Before you blame your burner, check two things:
1) Contact the manufacturer of that brand and ask which media would work best or do searches on the net...something like that.
2) in this case unlikely (helped me out, though, but I knew that I definitely had used that media before which wouldn't work any more): IDE drivers could mess with it...well, forget about that point, I guess...

ok well ive been getting a lot of things frompeople saying its probably my media so how do i either fix that or figure that out w/ no money because i have absolutly no money is there any thing on the net i can download to fix it or what should i do?

sorry for such ignorance on my part lol

You said you tried that "stuff"...hehe. Guess you didn't, then. It's best to ask if you don't know.
Media is just the CD/DVD you put inside your drive. DVD-R, DVD+R (DVD+RW in your case) for example. Depending on format and brand of the media the results may vary. Find out what you need and use it. If it still don't works that burner might be defective.

About drivers:
You won't need any particular drivers. Windows (depending on the one you're running) default drivers will most likely do the job.

I'm really not sure, but DVD-R or DVD+R might not even work on some DVD+RW burners. Although I guess those are always downward-compatible.

Either do trial and error (could be costly) or contact the manufacturer (they should know) or do a search on the net for any reviews or something about that burner.
I almost forgot: check the manual (if you got one, that is)

ok well ill try and contact the manufacturer and then repost so it shouldnt take that long
now i just have to figure out how to do that
i am totally dependant on others lol
well thanx 4 the help
i hope the manufacturer can do the trick

does anyn one know what rrflash602 is?
i looked up the rw5125a which is the number 4 my dvd burner and that website popped up and it had a download icon so i got it hopinbg it would help but i downloaded it and i dont know what it does ti didnt do any thing to my knowledge

try this, clean the drive using one of those drive cleaning discs, then try using the correct discs, you said your drive is a DVD+RW, if this is correct then you must use DVD+R, or +RW discs. DVD-R will not work in that burner.

media help needed

well ok im positive the media is the problem
but i cant find on any webstes a list of the media it uses
i ahve tried maxell, pioneer, and a couple others i think 2 others
is any one sure of any media that will work that i can pick up at like a local computer store
???
help will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back