GPU mixing

Avian117

I’m planning on getting a ROG Matrix 2080ti when they release, but I’m considering upgrading my current card from a GeForce 980 to a strix 2080 until the matrix comes out. Now I do know about NVlink but I don’t know what all it does and it’s compatibility. Could I use NVlink on the strix and the matrix and get the same results or would I be better off with just going with two matrix’s (if I can afford them.) I’m building an ROG themed build.

Technically it should work (2080+2080 Ti in SLI, via NVLink). Have a read of this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/a...-GeForce-RTX-2080-2080-Ti-in-Windows-10-1253/

Personally, though, I'd go with 2080+2080 or 2080 Ti + 2080 Ti - mismatched graphics cards in SLI will always result in the faster one essentially being restricted by the slower one. That said, multi-GPU support is no longer high in NVIDIA's list of priority, nor is it with many game developers, as the performance capability of a single 2080 Ti is more than high enough (unless one is planning to ray trace everything at 4K...).

Back