GPU Shootouts of This Generation and Pricing Update: Nvidia RTX 4000, AMD Radeon 7000 & Intel Arc

Cool stuff, but to be clear that's just a $10 difference from the price points in the article so doesn't change anything really in terms of what's a more attractive buy.
Yeah it barely gets a 1.5% difference..I'll stick to anything more than 5% from now on.

My shoutout would be for the RTX 4070 Super as it's a jack of all trades. RX 7800 XT would be a close second. These cards are priced decently relative to other cards and offer performance that should satisfy vast majority of people.

Cool stuff, but to be clear that's just a $10 difference from the price points in the article so doesn't change anything really in terms of what's a more attractive buy.

I picked up a 7900xtx Sapphire for 739 on Amazon this week. I was sick of playing the 4080 etc price games. They can keep them. Not paying 1400+ for a 4080 Super.

Still too much.

7900XT should have been 599-649 by now, and 7900XTX at 749-799.

Wonky drivers. Inferior features and subpar RT performance.

Like 2 or 3 times in the last 12 months a Radeon drivers bricked Windows installation.
AMD Anti Lag + (which is a joke compared to RTX Reflex) got people VAC banned on day one. AMD pulled the feature in a hotfix driver :joy:

All AMD has done in the last 2-3 generations is copy/paste Nvidias RTX features and every single of their attemps are much worse.

FSR is mediocre and even XeSS is better at this point. FSR has tons of shimmering, artifacts and ghosting in movement. DLSS/DLAA is far far better.

Also FSR 3 Frame Gen and AFMF is a big big joke.

AMDs GPUs also use way more power overall (cpu bound gaming, multi monitor usage and video playback especially, 2-3 times the power)

Last edited:
All those excuses for compensating tech.

Tech meant to compensate for Nvidia delivering lower framerates at the same price point as AMD. Or to compensate for turning on performance cratering RT, yes even on Nvidia. AMD has an even worse performance cratering in RT but it's not worth the performance hit for either GPU maker.

You have your grab bag of reasons and like Nvidia, that's great. But for people who want more real frames at a lower price, AMD is the better choice.

Like 2 or 3 times in the last 12 months a Radeon drivers bricked Windows installation.
AMD Anti Lag + (which is a joke compared to RTX Reflex) got people VAC banned on day one. AMD pulled the feature in a hotfix driver :joy:

Haven't noticed bricked Windows installations.

What has AMD to do with VAC? Valve better to fix their VAC trash. Even thinking AMD might be responsible for VAC bans is totally *****ic.

Many have: https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-drivers-are-bricking-windows-11-systemsagain

And Anti Lag + was to blame since it was pulled. Meaning AMD did not even test it properly before releasing it.
Many have: https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-drivers-are-bricking-windows-11-systemsagain

And Anti Lag + was to blame since it was pulled. Meaning AMD did not even test it properly before releasing it.

If you read those news, Windows was not bricked but it was BIOS.

If you have Any idea about how VAC works, you know it's pretty much impossible to "test" without delaying release a few months. Once again you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

If you read those news, Windows was not bricked but it was BIOS.

If you have Any idea about how VAC works, you know it's pretty much impossible to "test" without delaying release a few months. Once again you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Who cares. The AMD driver was to blame. Rushed like usual.

You can easily test that with a developer account. I guess AMD is not smart enough to know.

AMDs software development team:

5940a567332c2e8d228b4586.w800.jpg

Back