Grahpic card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor898

i recently bought a PNY GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB for my new computer, installing it into the computer was fine but once i turned on the computer the computer emitted a long beeping sound with no picture. but if i plug the vga cable into the intergrated graphic socket with the graphics card in then the screen appears along with the long beeping sound,but once i take the graphics card out the beeping stops. my first thought was that the graphics card wasnt compatible with my motherboard but i looked around and the ddr3 grahpic card should be able to work on my ddr2 motherboard. the beep code was low high low high

We need to know brand, model, and configuration of computer...
The beeping is letting you know that the card is wrong, or installed incorrectly, or is defective (it happens with new cards) or was damaged during installation by static shock.
Elsewhere on this forum, there are lists of all Beep codes by motherboard... that tell you what is wrong... but a long beep tells you one of the above has to be fixed.

Processor- intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E3300 @ 2.50GHz
Motherboard- G31M-GS
RAM- 2GB
Graphics- intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
OS- Windows XP Professional Service package 3

Did you connect the power supply to the external PCI-E power connector on the card?

i have just had a look and it appears my graphic card has a 6 pin connector were my power supply has a 4 pin connector you wouldn't happen to know if there is an adapter or something along those lines that will let me connect them?

you could buy a molex - 6pin pcie connector. and use it instead of the 4pin.
72.2MOLEX-PCIe.gif

Be sure to hook up two molex 4 pin connectors to the adapter. Hopefully, you have two that are free. This also brings up your power supply. I believe the recommended is a minimum 400W or greater power supply with a 12V rating of 26A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back