Graphics Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Pavilion that is running Windows ME. I want to run games on it and have bought a MAD DOG graphics card. I just re-installed all the software and am starting fresh. BUT, I have XP on order and it will show up any day. Do I install the card now under ME or wait till XP shows up....

Just install it now, then again once XP arrives. It only takes 30 seconds* to pop the cd in the drive and keep pressing "next" really fast :D

*not counting reboot time ;)

No reason to reinstall after you upgrade to XP unless doing a clean install of XP rather than an upgrade install.

I would recommend doing a clean install if this is feasible. Clean installs tend to be more stable than upgrades, especially if your current install is having any problems with stability.

I'd also recommend that if you decide to do a clean install, do a search on the forums for things relating to partitions, pagefile, and XP install issues. This might save you from any headaches and can help you to organize and optimize your setup from the beginning.

Originally posted by StormBringer
No reason to reinstall after you upgrade to XP unless doing a clean install of XP rather than an upgrade install.

I would recommend doing a clean install if this is feasible. Clean installs tend to be more stable than upgrades, especially if your current install is having any problems with stability.

I'd also recommend that if you decide to do a clean install, do a search on the forums for things relating to partitions, pagefile, and XP install issues. This might save you from any headaches and can help you to organize and optimize your setup from the beginning.

I agree. I've installed XP before a whiles back and I never liked it because it was errornous and had lots of problems (from upgrading). A fresh install is the best way to go. Now I use XP like crazy.

Especially upgrading from ME, these are 2 totally different OS's. I had problems upgrading from 98 to XP, but a clean install fixed that right up.

Originally posted by StormBringer

Thanks for clarifiying that, I didnt know when you "upgraded" the drivers didnt over-do (I doubt paul did either ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back