Graphics problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently built an AMD 64 system for a friend, I found a really nice motherboard that came with a dual gpu nVidia Geforce 6600 GT card.

Its a Gigabyte GA-K8nXP-SLI, with a GV-3D1.

Its better to show then explain what the problem is.

As you can see in the image I have attached there is an obvious problem with Unreal Tournament 2004. This only seems to appear during 3d applications, especially DX9 complaint games. 2d games (I.e. worms world party) shows artefacts onscreen... same with the dxdiag tests.

I have tried all the usual remedies to sort the problem out. Driver updates (done correctly, original drivers uninstalled, deleted then replaced with latest ones), BIOS updates, reformatted, tried various Service packs only been able to test on DX9.0c.

Whats really annoying is that it was working fine for about a month, then this fault occured for no apparent reason. I'm currently in the process of seeking tech support from the gigabyte website, then failing that it goes back. Thats something I do not really want to do.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• evenbetter.JPG
    evenbetter.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
  • dx8fub.JPG
    dx8fub.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
Thats a new and unusual motherboard so Gigabyte may not have worked all the kinks out of the video and motherboard drivers. It looks like a video driver problem though. Have you tried an older driver and any patches for the game?

sounds good... unfortunately I am no longer able to test this at the moment. What bugs me the most is that it was working fine for a month and then decided to quit. I have recieved a reply from gigabyte who seem to think it is a GPU problem, and have advised that I send it back.

When I can get my hands on the computer again I shall attempt the old drivers idea.

Thank you for your response and your time

*edited*

Its not just unreal tournament 2004, its any 3d program... I think the DX9 bit on the card has gone awol, most of the major errors appear under DX9 environment. Including DX diagnostic... only using DX 9 interface does it completely mess up. Watching 3dmark 2001 is highly entertaining, hitting 250 fps and not being able to make sense of whats on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back