Guild wars and dial up...worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meNOname

im really thinking about buying guild wars..but i have 256mb of ram and a good video card...but i have dial up? :/
does the game run smooth on dial up? and a ram upgrade ill prolly have to make right?
-would really like some help, thanks

must have been a hard question :)
i took the gamble bought it and played it fine with my 256mb of RAM and my
geForce fx 5500 256mb graphics card,
i got a RAM upgrade anyway, so itll run even smoother

so if any one else was wondering, if you have dial up...go buy the game
its worth it
:)

ya i agree i have dial up and it runs smoothly. the only down fall is that there are many people there that use teamspeak and ventrilo (team communications programs) and you can have them running at the same time or it creats lagg.

I would think the only problem would be your dial-up causing game lag for other players. I havent played Guild Wars but our servers freak out when we get a couple dialers playing MOH with the rest of us.

When playing a mmorpg broadband is the way to go. It will run decently on dial up but it is a world of difference with broadband. You also want a lot of ram. I played DAOC and the difference between 512 and a gig was amazing.

about what acexzy said bout communication programs, i have dail up and run ventrillo without a problem, but i cant run teamspeak, ya just gotta find the right communtication program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back