Guy builds Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 out of Lego

Scorpus

Staff member

guy nvidia geforce gtx lego nvidia geforce graphics card gtx 690 toy

Xiosheng Li didn't just install his Nvidia GeForce GTX 690 graphics card in his computer, he replicated it through the medium of Lego. His 1.8 meter (six foot) long Lego replica is obviously not functional in any way - there are no GK104 cores behind the grey-brick heatsink - but it's nevertheless quite cool.

The project took 11,396 Lego bricks and three months of time to complete, costing around ¥10,000 (~US$1,640) in total. Xiaosheng used the Lego Digital Designer software to model the card, even managing to get the fan to function through the use of an electrical fan motor.

guy nvidia geforce gtx lego nvidia geforce graphics card gtx 690 toy

More photos of the Lego GTX 690 can be found over on the TechPowerUp forums, including a recount of how Xiosheng managed to construct the massive model.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I'd like to see him fitting this card into his LEGO PC case...

Also, looking forward to the benchmark figures...

...wait, it just moved the pixel! - didn't you see it? no? I swear it did!... I saw it!

That is some fine LEGO building, but for some reason I'm more impressed when an artist uses the achieves the most accuracy with the fewest amount of blocks. Naturally, the larger one makes their sculpture the easier it is to model accurately, and at a higher cost.

It's ashame the blocks didn't allow for using the correct number of fan blades. Otherwise excellent detail building the card.

If I had another thumb, I'd give it three thumbs up! :D

Looks like a project, I would have enjoyed 30 years ago.

That's a waste of time. You know the amount of games you could've played in the meantime. Or wait,.. maybe he built it during the loading times and updates which means,...: Loading times and updates are INSANE!!!

Well research has shown playing games improves certain abilities...
It's funny that you can't see building with Lego, just as constructive. Which is why I put them equally wasting time. As constructive as either one may be, you would be real lucky to get paid doing either one.

It's funny that you can't see building with Lego, just as constructive. Which is why I put them equally wasting time. As constructive as either one may be, you would be real lucky to get paid doing either one.

I dont consider myself lucky to play games 24/7 because my manager wants me to be even better. Building Lego constructions and getting paid is something I could do my entire life tho,.. but no ur right. Both of them are good for ur brains,.. as long as you keep it within limits. But that's with everything in life...

Strange he added more graphics to the LEGO than on the OEM hardware. Gives him something to do to be creative is the best part of life.

Back