Half Life installation files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

Ok I am a fairly geeky individual and have my Half Life CD key stored in my mobile phone. With the latest HL update and CS 1.5 out I wanted to install it and have a quick look at the new map (even though I will get missing textures and about 14 fps on this laptop :( ). The problem is that I don't have my original HL installation disk on me. Does anyone know of a legal place where I can download an install for half life?

Need CS, want CS :dead:

Is half life no longer installed on your computer? You don't need the cd when installing an update to cs or to hl itself. I'm a lil confused...

Correct I removed HL because it was unplayable.
Forgot to mention that. Just want to have a look at the new map with CS 1.5...

I have not seen a "legal" place to download that or really any other game on the web. You may have to re-invest in a new copy of the game.

I'll just have to wait till I get back to my copy in the UK.
I should really back it up as well cause the disk is over 2 years old! ;)

Originally posted by Boogie
Sorry, game is not for DL..need to buy it.

Bought it already. The install disk just happens to be in another country right now :(
As said above I'll just have to be patient until I return from Italy to Scotland.

which one?

how about pirate CD? in my country (unknown), there is a lot of pirate game CD.. :D
what do you need? the serial number or the full HL game? if you only need serial number, there is a illegal site that share a lot of serial number.. :p

I have the full Half Life CD Key from my legal copy stored in my phone. I just needed a full Half Life install that I could upgrade to the latest version of CS. But I can wait until I get back from Italy.
By the way you'll generally find that Piracy isn't condoned by TechSpot and most posts/threads containing any URLs or download links to Illegal sites/cracks etc will be removed. Glad to see you didn't post any URL for serial keys ;)
If you haven't already I suggest you have a read of the site FAQ and the TOS (Terms of service) :)

which one?

Originally posted by Arris
I have the full Half Life CD Key from my legal copy stored in my phone. I just needed a full Half Life install that I could upgrade to the latest version of CS. But I can wait until I get back from Italy.
By the way you'll generally find that Piracy isn't condoned by TechSpot and most posts/threads containing any URLs or download links to Illegal sites/cracks etc will be removed. Glad to see you didn't post any URL for serial keys ;)
If you haven't already I suggest you have a read of the site FAQ and the TOS (Terms of service) :)

hehe.. I've already known the TOS, that's why I didn't post the URL.. :D
I'm sorry, I don't have half life CD, but I have Counter-Strike CD. Is it the same game? if yes, I will share the CD and you can ftp to my ip to get the file. :p

Half Life is not the same as Counter Strike. Counter Strike is an addon for Half Life.

And as far as Arris is concerned, I don't think there is any legal place to download this game. Lets just hope you get back soon, so you can get it, and your withdrawls don't last too long. ;)

My colleague arrived last week and he had his HL cd with him so I have an install disk available ;)
Haven't actually had time to install it yet though :(

I am going to go ahead and speak for the admin's here at techspot. Do NOT post anything about illegal warez sites. That is pretty much prohibited anywhere you go, and will probably get you kicked off this board if your not careful. Do this on your own time and don't mention it here. Either of us can freely call Sierra/Valve and that wouldn't be fun. Be careful what you talk about in public forums.

Originally posted by bojan2233
y want a serial key for CS 1.5
You need the key to install half life, not for counterstrike and he was asking for a copy of half life not cs. :)

Originally posted by poertner_1274
Half Life is not the same as Counter Strike. Counter Strike is an addon for Half Life.

Counterstrike is available as both a MOD Version, for Half Life, and as a Standalone game (i.e. CS Retail) which was bundled in most GOTY Editions of Half Life.

CS Retail requires its own CD Key (i.e. A Different Key to the Half Life Key).

Funny I managed to install the retail CS with my HL life key...
I'll check but I'm sure it worked.

Why this old thread got dragged up I don't know... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back