Halo 3 PC is "in development"!

teklord

I was playing Halo 2 PC online when a team "bungie .net staff" member told me that Halo 3 PC is under development. He wasn't on the development team, so he didn't give me an ETA but did confirm it is being made! This is so awesome, I can't wait!

I don't see what's so exciting.

Halo series has been subpar in terms of shooters after Halo 1, so my guess is that Bungie/Microsoft with just milk Halo 3 by selling it to the die-hard fans and let it die a slow death, just like Halo 2 for the PC.

Besides, it's not like there aren't a plethora of other shooters to pick from and another handful that will be coming out by the time Halo 3 for PC would be ready for release.

Precious Halo ports got lower scores than the Xbox versions, Halo 3 will probably be similar. For Halo fans though, this is awesome news, especially for me since I don't need to buy an inferior Xbox 360 to play it!

I was playing Halo 2 PC online when a team "bungie .net staff" member told me that Halo 3 PC is under development. He wasn't on the development team, so he didn't give me an ETA but did confirm it is being made! This is so awesome, I can't wait!

I think my heart stopped for a moment when I read this thread. I'm overly excited, both for the fact that you saw a bungie.net staff member playing on Halo 2 PC [omg, what server was he on?] and the fact that he said Halo 3 for PC is in development. Hopefully he wasn't telling bull, but I think it's unlikely since he is an official staff member. But now I can't wait, hope to hear it's announcement this or next year sometime. oh yeahhhhhhh. :D

I recognize your screen name Dharma, from Halo 2 PC. I'm Master OrHan.

You can hack your nameplates to say you are bungie.net staff in H2V. I was thinking what you are that this was probably real when I saw his nameplate until I found a website showing pics of nameplates you can hack and his was one of them. Doesn't prove 100% he is fake but certainly doesn't to disprove hearsay.

I hope he is telling the truth because Halo 3 PC would be so much fun. Especially with all the map packs, ODST too.

Cuz it takes Bungie several years to port their Xbox 360 games. Reach looks sweet, I say both & ODST in a pack.

Whether they were fake or not I wouldn't be surprised since Halo 1 and 2 are both on PC..I know some company's wont port to PC but bungie is so close with microsoft and with there history putting it on PC is almost a given. I think it's great because it lets people enjoy halo without having to spend money on an unreliable 360.

Whether they were fake or not I wouldn't be surprised since Halo 1 and 2 are both on PC..I know some company's wont port to PC but bungie is so close with microsoft and with there history putting it on PC is almost a given. I think it's great because it lets people enjoy halo without having to spend money on an unreliable 360.

That was my view of the situation but I got mostly cynical backlash that Halo 3 could come to PC, not will come to PC. I'm about to get an i7 950, Xbox 360 is a huge step backwards from that. Hope the next gen systems are as powerful as my i7 950. :D

im about 100% positive halo 3 will come out on PC its just when, they take forever porting it. The funny thing about technology is when they do release the "next" "next" gen console the technology in it will probbaly become servely outdated in about a year. Im sure after the i7 there will be a chip 5 times faster and 1 year after that 10 times faster....and so on.

Why can't we get Reach instead! That is some bull rite there...

Because otherwise the 360 is dead and no one would have a valid reason to buy the hunk of ****.

Of course, there will always be blind fanatics who will come to the Xbox's AID.

Rumors of Halo 3 coming to PC have been going around for years now and while it's still a possibility in the future I don't believe that a legitimate staff member would come to a random server and make such a claim. Leaking news like this could be detrimental to his job and makes no sense that he'd use his official Bungie account. More then likely it was an impostor like you said in your later posts, and I'd be shocked if it's true.

Hope the next gen systems are as powerful as my i7 950. :D

Me too =D, but I fear that neither Sony or Microsoft (especially Nintendo) will be using the latest and greatest tech for the next generation consoles.

Because otherwise the 360 is dead and no one would have a valid reason to buy the hunk of ****.

Of course, there will always be blind fanatics who will come to the Xbox's AID.

Good point...if this was the early 2000's. Your starting to come off as a typical troll, and it's getting increasingly difficult to take your comments seriously.

Good point...if this was the early 2000's. Your starting to come off as a typical troll, and it's getting increasingly difficult to take your comments seriously.

Because the 360 has a lot of exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, and...

Oh wait, that's it.

Take me for a troll if you want, 360 owners are still the ones getting suckered out of their money with faulty hardware and overhyped and overrated games that only see the light of day thanks to marketing and advertising budgets larger than the one used for developing it.

The facts are there, choosing to be blind to them a troll does not make me.

Because the 360 has a lot of exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, and...

Oh wait, that's it.

As a gamer exclusives sicken me, and should any true gamer since it limits the audience of great games. But since you brought it up I'm assuming you mean console exclusives only. And the list for the 360 is more then just two franchises, some that come to mind are Alan Wake, Fable, Forza Motorsports, Crackdown & Mass Effects (thankfully though that is going multiplatform unlike Kotor).

However most of the 360 games are also ported to the PC which makes having a PC/PS3 combo the best option excluding any interest in arcade games.

Take me for a troll if you want, 360 owners are still the ones getting suckered out of their money with faulty hardware and overhyped and overrated games that only see the light of day thanks to marketing and advertising budgets larger than the one used for developing it.

The facts are there, choosing to be blind to them a troll does not make me.

You seem to be confused about what is fact and what's your opinion. You are right about Microsoft's faulty hardware at least in the early generations which they paid dearly for and earned a stigma that's likely not going away anytime soon. However the latter generations don't seem to fall into this category.

Everything else is just your opinion on the matter. I find many things to be overrated and in my opinion crappy, that however doesn't make it true for everyone.

The 360 has a lot to offer and many are obviously happy with it. Just because you personally don't find any value in it, doesn't make it to be universally true. Hey I personally think a PC is the best value but saying that usually gets me labeled as a PC elitist. I have a friend who finds his 360 to be the best home for shooters with franchises like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, etc even though not all of those are exclusives. At the end of the day its just up to what fits your needs best.

In any case there is nothing wrong with a difference in opinion, but throwing out comments like you're in the peanut gallery does make you come off as a troll.

As a gamer exclusives sicken me, and should any true gamer since it limits the audience of great games. But since you brought it up I'm assuming you mean console exclusives only. And the list for the 360 is more then just two franchises, some that come to mind are Alan Wake, Fable, Forza Motorsports, Crackdown & Mass Effects (thankfully though that is going multiplatform unlike Kotor).

Exclusives sicken me as well, because whether it is console or PC, someone is missing out. But companies have their greasy hands too deep into it and have no will to let go.

Alan Wake: Fell short of what it wanted to do, failed horribly.
See: Amnesia and Penumbra for well made horror games.

Fable: Only Fable 2 was exclusive to the 360, and I enjoyed both titles. I'll give you that one.
Fable 3 is coming to the PC.

Forza Motorsport: Microsoft's attempt to compete with Grand Turismo. Whether or not it succeeded or failed I do not know as I played neither series.

Crackdown: Played the first one and enjoyed it, never got to play the second one.

Mass Effect: Was only exclusive to the 360 for a year or so.

However most of the 360 games are also ported to the PC which makes having a PC/PS3 combo the best option excluding any interest in arcade games.

This is what is holding gaming back. Developing games for 5-7 year old consoles for games of today. I'm not asking for games to look like Crysis and play like Amnesia, but it is ridiculous how much the consoles are holding up gaming from moving past this silly standard they've set up. Don't even get me started on the Kinect.

You seem to be confused about what is fact and what's your opinion. You are right about Microsoft's faulty hardware at least in the early generations which they paid dearly for and earned a stigma that's likely not going away anytime soon. However the latter generations don't seem to fall into this category.

Everything else is just your opinion on the matter. I find many things to be overrated and in my opinion crappy, that however doesn't make it true for everyone.

I'm pretty sure the faulty hardware persists 'till today. They've done NOTHING to fix their consoles except remove the red LED light from the latest iteration of 360s. It will most likely still have a ~40% failure rate on top of its tendency to scratch disks when the console is in use. God forbid your console gets bumped while you do silly dances in front of the Kinect when playing with your friends/self, or your dog decides to brush against the stand, or your drunk uncle decides to stumble around the room.

The 360 has a lot to offer and many are obviously happy with it. Just because you personally don't find any value in it, doesn't make it to be universally true. Hey I personally think a PC is the best value but saying that usually gets me labeled as a PC elitist. I have a friend who finds his 360 to be the best home for shooters with franchises like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo, etc even though not all of those are exclusives. At the end of the day its just up to what fits your needs best.

Ignorance is bliss.

That guy who said about halo 3 pc is not bungie staff.he was a hacker who changed his nameplate to that of bungie staff.if you didnt believe me i have proof.i spoked to a person who play halo 2 vista called gunmonkey.he was the famous hacker who invented the bungiestaff nameplate hack in halo 2 vista and he also crash halo 2 games.he told to his friend about the hacking he invented and they continued to hack it.so bungie disabled usingbungiestaff nameplates.so it is only possible to use bungiestaff nameplate by hacks.so the guy who spoked to you was a hacker and lied to you.you can see my conversation with gunmonkey in halo 3 or reach pc petition youtube video comments section.google it and see.i cannot give link because i am new to the forums .he is killshock 120 and i am darknight there.
we must request microsoft to release halo 3 for pc.they now started to care about pc.those who want halo 3 for pc google halo 3 pc petiion and sign it.

Killshock120 contacted me already about this and told me about gunmonkey80. He didn't tell me Bungie disabled H2V nameplates. If that is true, then there is no way this guy online can be legit. It's looking more and more like my friend is a hacker. Still wish Halo 3 would come to PC. May check out the petition, Killshock120 already shot me the link. thanks

Back