Hard disk drive not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently turned on my computer after not using it for a few weeks and it was dead-could no see my HD (i have 2). it could srr me CD drive. Checked all connections, rebooted, changed cable, booted from CD all with no luck. Installed a new HD. was able to formatte it and started to install XP but after reboote the same message, "Primary hard disk drive 0 not found". HELP!!!!!!!

I Typical of a failed drive. Do you have access to another computer where you can try a format to see if it is the drive or the connection?

No. Not that we can envision.
You have a problem, but you must be lurking in the wrong place.

this one has me stumped-its unlikely all the drives in 2 computers are bad. Changed batteries, cables, and checked configuration set to auto. Bios will see cd but HD. Any thing eles you can think of?

Looked for other issues... ? Power Supply issue, CMOS battery, EIDE 80 conductor cable? bent Eide connector pin, DVD drive, Device Manager reports, Event Viewer? Computer Management report?
Likely this issue is so obvious we cannot yet see it.

I had similar symptoms sometime last year and ultamately found that the CMOS battery on my mother board had run out of juce. I changed the battery and reworked my BIOS settings and got back on the air. The thing that clued me to the CMOS battery was that I noticed the system clock was way off.

Best Wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back