Hard disk partition (d: drive) not open when double click on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is great problem after removing viruses from harddisk. After removing viruses
d: drive not open when double click on it. If we explore on d: drive , it will open.

Wht's is the solution to repair partition on HDD.

this is not solution

surendra said:
There is great problem after removing viruses from harddisk. After removing viruses
d: drive not open when double click on it. If we explore on d: drive , it will open.

you don't understand my problem. my is that how to repair partition after currupt it.
i want to repair d drive partition, if available any utility. without format partition or installing Operating system, i want to repair partition.

first of all, right click the drive d:
did it appear "Auto Play"?
if it's, go to Tools->Folder Option->Under view Tabs->Uncheck Hide Protected Operation system file,and Hide extension for known file.
after that, use explore open the drive d.
Delete Auto_Run.ini file
then rename ur drive d.
Done

surendra said:
you don't understand my problem. my is that how to repair partition after currupt it.

How do you know it is corrupted?

You said you can open it if you 'explore'. That doesn't sounded corrupted to me...

Just like mentioned in the post above, it sounds like you have an autorun.inf file in D:\ that needs to be deleted.

dannydy said:
first of all, right click the drive d:
did it appear "Auto Play"?
if it's, go to Tools->Folder Option->Under view Tabs->Uncheck Hide Protected Operation system file,and Hide extension for known file.
after that, use explore open the drive d.
Delete Auto_Run.ini file
then rename ur drive d.
Done

What a great trick..works nice
Thanx a lot
:D

open with

surendra said:

Dinushan I don't understand your question specifically.

This thread was about a member who could not open a drive (via double click) due to an "autorun.inf" file on the root of the drive
The fix was removing that hidden file.

You are asking about how to repair a partition
But before answering you there are a number of issues:

1. Is there any data on the drive
2. Is this the only Partition
3. What are the error messages
4. Are you trying to install Windows (version?)

Please do not reply with any answers to these questions
It is best for you to create your own thread, about "Partition Repair" here: http://74.55.96.66/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back