Hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi a few weeks ago my laptop was running fine, then one day i started it up and it froze on start up so i had to restart but when i did it wouldnt go past the first screen it just froze there and would never start up. so i took it to a repair shop and they said i had a hard disk problem and needed to reformat my computer, so they did that and reinstalled windows vista. it ran fine for 1 day but now im having more problems, sometimes it wont start up and after a restart itll start no problem, but then after it starts up about 10 mins will go by and programs will start to freeze and it restarts it self, it goes to a blue screen and says windows has encountered a problem if this is the first time you have seen this screen uninstall any new programs, but i dont have any programs on the computer except what came with vista after the reinstall. also sometimes when it restarts i get this message

Your computer can't come out of hibernation

info: A fatal error occured processing the restoration data

File: \hiberfil.sys

my computer is a gateway with windows vista about 1 and half years old

Disk drive-Hitachi Hts541616J9SA00 Ata device

Procecesor-Intel dual core T2080 @ 1.73 Ghz

im not sure what kind of mother board i have, any help please

What you do have in the Hitachi Hts541616J9SA00 is one of the most failure prone hard drives in recent memory. Once you install a new hard drive, you may be able to insert this one in an external enclosure and resuce some or most of your data... But get a Fujitsu, Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, or perhaps a Samsung (if no others are available) but not another Hitachi....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back