Hard drive failure?

Kaorichan2002

I left the computer on standby last night to wake up to an over heated computer in the hard drive/mousepad area
I lifted the lid and hard rebooted it since I thought it was the usual: Graphic card failure blah blah and it took me straight to the windows recovery? Instead of right to the windows 7 loading screen. The computer has been acting normal no clicking screeching and what not from the drive. I haven't installed the latest updates since usually they usually cause problems on the computer anyway. So. Now It says I have a bad drive.
Well heres the other news:
I have a live UBUNTU cd to run on it to see if something could possibly be wrong with the drive...
It finds theres no OS boot on the disk???
But my desktop installed it just fine?
Live disk is 10.10
Also I am trying to boot to another hard drive (external) and it doesnt recognize it?

Is this a Bios problem? Or did the hard drive really die?
Also.... How could it die without possibly giving off symptoms of dying??

Also I don't have an enclosure for this drive so I cannot get the bluescreen off that appeared last night. Since USUALLY thats why theres a black screen.

Edit:
Is the hard drive dead?
Is the bios messed up?
Why won't it let me use Live CD?

Good news everyone!
I get the following error code 2000-0146 when I run the diagonistic test in the computer.
However... I am trying a system restore?

Edit:
anyone have any suggestions?
Its not giving up. It keeps trying to repair... but... It keeps giving kicking itself out and not repairing D:
OH!...
CI.dll
Audiodg.exe
And Bug error A7
:)) some other partition let me in thank fully and I got a good look at the debug :D)
CI must have corrupted so hard it wont reboot anymore? System Restore?

There is a nasty virus that corrupts the boot sector of a hard drive and will give this error among others. Still, do some reading over at Dell as this seems to have happened to others.

Read this on a forum...
Um. Avast + Malwarebytes + Zone Alarm... = how can this possibly happen?
I have 3 things keeping this computer defended... How can something slip through if this computer is updated... except for the last update and SP1...
Is there really a win7 sp1? Or is it a fake?
Start Up repair is taking a while..??? Why is it acting so slow?

Finished and said it couldnt repair?

Ubuntu 8.10 is unable to run it gets to the Heron... and stops working the hard drive makes some ODD noises around this?

Go to Seagate's website and burn their SeaTools hard drive diagnostic utility to a CD. Place CD in drive, reboot, test will take over; run short and especially long DST.

Western Digital Hard Drive. |:
As far as I know WD is on laptops Seagate in Desktops.
I am in some good fortune. I can back up things right now. Ubuntu finally ran :) I can probably install to the external hard drive and actually have a system :D

Good. Sorry about the harddrive. I only saw the Seagate listed thus my directions. What does the hard drive diagnostics say?

Diagnostics? Well I ran the start up thing and it popped off an error and gave off (a rather musical) tune.

error code 2000-0146???

I read that this usually means the drive is dead. (and Im running Ubuntu on it somehow?)

I cannot boot into windows and now Ubuntu gave out. (I screwed something up with it?)

Ok start up repair complains:

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: Unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200785
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia (I have nothing attached as external)
Problem Signature 06: 2
Problem Signature 07: Nobootfailure
Problem Signature 07: (was) BadDrive

Back