Hard-drive no longer recognised as a bootable option

Hey all,

I was playing Black Ops when my Asus M60J suddenly shut down. At the time, my laptop was quite hot due to Black Ops' considerable usage. Upon starting up again, i received

"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

I checked out the booting order and there was only the option of booting from a DVD. I have tried holding down f8 to access the windows 7 inbuilt repairer but it was to no avail. Does this mean that my hard drive has possibly died out on me? I got the laptop in December last year.

As i bought my laptop with a copy of Windows 7 preinstalled, i am unable to use the Windows 7 DVD to repair it. At the bottom of my laptop, the Windows tag reads "Window Pro AO" but i am quite sure that my laptop is Home Premium, however i may be wrong.

Anyway, i would really appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Okay thanks. Wow so the hard drives just died? I bought the laptop from a reseller and I've previously had to repair it due to similar booting issues. They said that past the first 2 weeks of warranty, that i had to give it to ASUS directly. Ive done this once before and i really wouldn't like to again. Is it possible to use a .ISO of windows 7 and run the repairs from there?

Back