Hard drive not booting, need to recover files

Hello!

We have two computers in my house... One day the older computer stopped booting past bios and since we had the other one, we didn't care... The problem is that we think that it stopped working because of the hard drive. When we pluggled the hard drive into my computer, it also woulnd't go past bios. Now, I am not very sure if we installed it right... It wouldn't show anything at all if it wasn't installed right, correct? Anyways...The hardrive (a WD Cavier Blue - WD800BB) has tons of pictures of my baby that I would be devastated to lose, and since I have no idea how to retrieve those pictures, I am here for help.

The hard drive doesn't make any clicking noises, which means that it probably doesn't have physical problems (I read that somewhere) Sooo... what do I do?

Sorry I don't have much information to give. I have no idea what kind of information you guys need or where to find it. I don't have very much knowledge when it comes to hardware, so please use "dummy language" with me, Thanks!

I'm sure you didn't mean to write "pluggled", but I think it's great word.
What's the make and model of your computer?
This is a PATA drive, so the jumpers must be set correctly. Slave or Cable select should work if it's on the same channel as the other HD.
Do know if the HD is spinning?

Unless your second PC is identical or nearly so to the first PC, the hard drive would not necessarily be expected to work properly if you simply moved it over. Consider getting an external USB enclosure in which to install the hard drive in question and see if you can retrieve your files.

Lol, what's wrong with plugged?
How do you know if a HD is spinning?
Mailpup... I was considering that option, and I know they are not too expensive on eBay... I was just hoping that therew as a way to do it for free.

There's nothing wrong with "plugged", but "pluggled" is much more interesting.
You can tell if a drive is spinning by putting your hand on it.
Make and model? Jumpers?
Lol, what's wrong with plugged?
How do you know if a HD is spinning?
Mailpup... I was considering that option, and I know they are not too expensive on eBay... I was just hoping that therew as a way to do it for free.

Back