Hard drive quesitons...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have this drive that will only boot as the primary slave, because i think i accidentally re-formatted it and reinstalled it as the primary slave...how do i get it to be the master drive because i have this other drive that will only run as the master drive and doesnt boot correctly, so i was trying to get my "slave" drive to run first so i can get into the old one and make it good again...stupid viruses and stuff...i know its kind of confusing, hopefully some one can help...

Is your Drive IDE? Usually, in those IDE hdd, there's so called jumpers behind the HD. If you would like to change your primary slave to primary master, you could change the jumpers position.
This jumpers info are important as you cannot have 2 slaves or 2 masters at a time. I hope you can understand what i mean.

I've tried all kinds of different connections, and it is IDE...when ever both drives are connected, the "bad" drive is the only one that will boot, and the computer cant find the "good" drive...it just gives me a black screen saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK" reguardless which drive is connected to the master slot or slave...it works fine when the "bad" drive isnt connected...so i dont know...

"it works fine when the "bad" drive isnt connected...so i dont know..." This tells me that the "bad drives" electronics/IDE interface is shorted. Remove this drive and don't use it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back