Hardrive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavier2k3

Hi, i wonder if you guys can help me. I was playing WoW while listening to music through iTunes today when suddenly my computer crashed, so i had to reset it. I thought nothing of it, and quickly logged back into WoW to continue without turning iTunes back on. After playing, i went to open iTunes and an error message came up about it could not be located in my music folder. So then i assumed it wasn't a big problem. How wrong i was..

Turns out that my whole 300GB music hard drive isn't been recognised by my computer, either in bios or through hard drive management. Now i'm not computer noob, but this problem has me seriously worried as that hard drive was full of my musix! Musix is my life. I have 2 IDE HD's (160 and 80) respectively and only this 1 sata drive.

I've tried resetting the bios, unplugging and running the pc, plugging and running, as well as switching sata ports, but nothing has worked. The hard drive itself sounds fine, and seems to run as normal. Is there anybody out there that can help? I'd be absolutely gutted if i was to ever lose my music collection. There's rep at stake if you can help solve my problem!

regards
--marty

Download the drive makes diagnostic software and run it on the drive. Also is this just a storage drive with no OS on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back