Have to have Google account now to sign in to YouTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I've had a You Tube account for years, but do not have nor do I want a Google account, and I do not want to give Google my phone number.

Google is too intrusive and tracks too many things individuals do already without worming their way further into my privacy.

I don't suppose there's any way to sign in to You Tube (I've got lots of favorites I wouldn't want to lose) without that Google account?

Thanks!

I don't think that you need a google account to log into youtube, but I signed up a while ago... but they usually ask you if you would like to link accounts and in your case you could say no?
And for the part about Google being too intrusive, you dont have to give real information if you don't want to. Anyways such a large corporation wouldn't really care about a single individual.

Google is too intrusive and tracks too many things individuals do already without worming their way further into my privacy.
Is that really? Have you been effected by that intrusion? That's shocking! I didn't know. Anyway I use a yahoo address to sign in youtube.
o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back