Having Problem With an unkown program in taskbar. PLz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

The other night i left my computer on all night and when i was about to use it the next day, i noticed that there was a new program in my task bar located in the notification area. It keeps popping up with a message every five minutes telling me to download an antivirus to help protect my computer from any infections. However, i do not want to since i already have an antivirus. When i click on this program in the notification area it sends me to the link of the antivirus. Now i don't know how to get rid of it. I tried looking for the program so i could delete it from the system but my computer calls it an "unknown program".

Also another thing is that now, whenever i open my internet explorer it takes me to this unknown site advertising about their security software. I tried changing my home page but it still takes me to the same site and i don't know what to do.

So can anyone plz help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i'll also post a hijackthis log.

Thanks in advance.

Your system is infected with malware.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Desi_123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back