HD 7970m Enduro fixed?

Sparton 10

Hi, I'm looking at buying a new Metabox(Clevo) P150EM laptop however I'm unsure if I should go with a GTX 675MX or a HD 7970m as they are roughly the same price.
Normally I would choose the HD 7970m however after some research I've discovered that the clevo laptops suffer from a severe performance issue due to Enduro. I am aware of the new drivers available however the most recent information I can find is from the beginning of November and it doesn't say if the issue has been resolved. I've considered the 680m but its a bit out of my price range.
I'm only concerned that the Enduro issue is always going to be a problem and I don't want to spend months waiting for a new driver after every new release,
My question is does anyone know if the Enduro issue has been resolved yet or would it be a better option to go with the 675mx?
Also I haven't been able to find much info regarding the 675mx despite it being available to order.

Things seem to be getting slowly better, but still seems to be a work in progress. Check this thread out at Rage3D.
As for the GTX675MX, it is a custom GPU based on the GK104 (Kepler) processor -closest desktop equivalent would be a downclocked GTX 660 Ti. According to this article you're looking at around a 15% performance increase over the 675M (which is a Fermi -GF114 GPU, and identical to a downclocked GTX 560 Ti). Haven't seen any 675MX reviews yet, but you could probably get a ballpark figure by comparing to the 675M numbers in a laptop review. Power consumption would be lower for the MX, but I wouldn't hazard a guess by how much. Bit of an inexact science I'm afraid but the MX is a pretty recent addition by Nvidia.

Thanks very much for the help, I think I'll be best going with the 675mx, although it doesn't perform as well as the 7970m, personally I feel as though that's an acceptable sacrifice to ensure it will work without issue.

Back