HD failures on 2 new HD's, EIDE & SATA drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. So I've been having HD problems for a long time now. And it has all started right before I got my new SATA drive, which prompted the purchase.

After purchasing the drive, its been a hell hole. My new SATA drive now errors out in the middle of doing something. It will start freezing up, when accessing the drive, then a minute later it will start working agian, but now it will completely disappear from my drive list while inside windows.

On top of that, I purchased a new EIDE 250 GIG drive and used it as my primary. This morning I downloaded Adobe PS CS2. Installed it. Restarted my computer. Opened photoshop, and it said my 30 day evaluation is over!!!!! HOW! How in the world can it know that on a FRESH HD? This is the first time this HD has seen Photoshop.

So I've got:
EIDIE 250 GIG 100MB/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM
WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
EIDE 120 GIG 7200RPM Samsung HD

I didnt install any special drivers, all I had to do was turn a switch in my bios setting and it reconized.

Could my mobo be going bad? Processor? Is there something that will test all my components for errors? (I dont think my Sata drive will even stay reconized long enough) Does overhearing cause this? It feels a little hot, but theres 7 fans in there and my side panel is off.

Another thing I noticed, was that sometimes when I would restart, it would tell me my Radeon 9800 Pro wasnt plugged in. But it is. I even push it in and it still says it. I unplug it and plug it back in, then it will start to work again!

Possibly my Power Supply? I'm running a 350 WATT. Do I need more power now that I'm running 3 HD's, 9800 Pro (better one soon), DVD-RW, DVD-Drive, and the other stuff?

I looked at my event viewer and here are the errors and warnings it recorded:

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the TabletService service.

The device 'WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0' (IDE\DiskWDC_WD2500KS-00MJB0_____________________02.01C03\5&3182d956&0&0.0.0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

An error was detected on device \...\DR2 during a paging operation.

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation.

And just noticed on a restart that it said my RAM timing was "too Tightly"... I dont know how to mess with that at all.

Is my system on its last leg?

Thanks for any advice! It is truley appreciated!!!!

RAM settings set too tight refers to what your ram timings are... something like...2-3-3-6... If its saying that maybe you should loosen them up by setting them higher. However I don't mess with ram settings too much so someone else has gotta help you out on that one.

Yo might want ot try resetting your bios to default settings that might solve your problem.

I found the problem with the HD's
I needed a bigger PSU as my old 350watt wasnt enough power and my machine was overheating.

As to the RAm, I've gone and set the timings to default.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back