Hello and help with Vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help, I have a Sony Vaio PGC-8Y1L, with vista. I have had not one problem and I sat down to power on and it would not load. I have tried in safe mode and Ioads down to
\windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys....that is as far as it will go. In regular mode, the vista ba just keeps moving for hours. I have tried everything, and it will not work. Please let me know what I need to do. I do not have a recovery disc to load. It is just over the warranty date so that will not help. Is this a vista problem? Please help. Michael

How old is it, and how extensive the use... It could be a failed hard drive, or just about anything... CPU fan failure, memory failure...
But my guess is the hard drive has gone bad... you can likely put it in an external enclosure and copy the valuable data off of it, but you will probably need to install a new hard drive using your Sony Restore Disk set... New drives can be found at Newegg.com, Directron.com, Outpost.com, Zipzoomfly.com, PCMall.com, TechDepot.com, and about a hundred other places including your local computer store or repair shop.

vaio problem

thanks for your help, it did not come with a recovery disk, is there a place where I can get a generic one, Thanks, Michael

Not with Sony. Never, unless you find one on eBay
You might try to buy one from Sony Support... they are about $54.
Of buy Windows XP Home for $85.. to $95.

Windows Vista

Hey, thanks for the quick response. If I buy a new windows vista disc, do you think that will fix the problem? Thanks, Michael

If your original install is/was with VISTA, yet. I am not the person to ask, as I have not fallen in love with VISTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back